Is Godet a swear word in French? | Go-Go Kim

sewing + social media + so much more

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Is Godet a swear word in French?


It is Wednesday, right?  Oh my, I have so many things I want to get completed in the next week, I decided to make it all better by ADDING a project,LOL!  Sara thinks I should not wear my usual uniform of Morticia Addams goodness. I was looking in my closet at the selection of black, black and black and I found I may have an issue. I think the people that run the IQM would be a wee bit offended if I showed up wearing nothing, not to mention the blindness that would strike down a good portion of the Market vendors, so I went off to my local Joann's and picked up a couple of patterns. This is the one I have decided to try first and can I just say, Simplicity is not what this pattern is!  I now remember why I do not sew garments. That aside, I will make this skirt and it will be AWESOME!!!!! If for nothing else, I love this Alexander Henry print. I have had it forever and saw that it is being sold at Joann's so if I mess this up, I can always get a bit more easily.




I started cutting it out early this morning

Godet sounds like it should be a French curse word :o) It my be my new, I cannot say a bad word because my kids are in the room word!!!!!



I also have been receiving my bee blocks in the mail for my Soldier's Angels quilt(s)!!! These ladies have done AMAZING blocks!!!!! If any of y'all want to send one or two red, white and blue wonky stars, shoot me an email!! I would love all the help I can get to make as many of these as possible!!!!

THANK YOU LADIES!!!!! You are WONDERFUL!!!!!!


At last but not least...it is that time of year again...WOO HOO!!!! Mark those calendars for Giveaway Day on Sew Mama Sew!!!!!!





SHARE:

13 comments

Debbie said...

I wear ALOT of black too and have been trying to add some color also...scary! ;-) You go on the skirt - it'll be great!

Deborah said...

I'd love to make a wonky star for your quilt!

Aunt Spicy said...

LOL! I wore light blue today (instead of black) and my coworkers all day asked me if I was okay, if I was sick, if they could help me...it was hilarious!

ps. I'll totally make blocks for you, what size? I love donating to good causes!

Lee said...

You are brave, girl! But if anybody can conquer that pattern, it's you! Can't wait to see you rocking that skirt at Market! : )

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Hahahha I've been trying to thing of a good word to use as an 'alternative'!!
Love the stars :) Have fun with the pattern!

Katy Cameron said...

Oooh, that's going to be fabulous dahling

Kelly said...

I bet your skirt will be fabulous Kim xxx Can't wait to see it!

Dina said...

That fabric is going to be fabulous as that skirt. I hope you will post a picture of the finished skirt! I find that I am happiest lately with McCall's patterns, actually. Not sure what it is about the Simplicity that makes them not-so-simple.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Hilarious opening, Kim. I love your skirt fabric (and have some). I can't wait to see the finish. The stars are really looking spectacular together. They will make a lovely quilt.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Hilarious opening, Kim. I love your skirt fabric (and have some). I can't wait to see the finish. The stars are really looking spectacular together. They will make a lovely quilt.

KeyQuilter said...

you did a GREAT job on the skirt!

Féefils said...

Quelle belle jupe à godets!! (godets means also "glass" so for the summer you need a "glass-skirt"!) But I agreed with you "godet" may sound like a swear word sometimes!! ^^

Anonymous said...

You pointed roughly finicky subject matter. These tips are very beneficial.

Blogger Template by pipdig